Recent IELTS Speaking Part 1 Questions 2020
I’ve asked my students who took the IELTS test this year to report the question they were asked in the exam. I collected all of them and made a list below so you can practice at home.
Even though IELTS comes up with new questions every time, we can “predict” what examiners might ask based on what they have done before. For that reason, it is important to investigate and gather different types of questions in order to practice our answers and study some vocabulary.
Below are some IELTS Speaking Part 1 Questions reported by IELTS candidates who took the exam between the months of January and June 2020. You Can Also Check the Speaking Part 2 Questions 2020
IELTS Speaking Part 1 topic #1: Cooking
- Did you learn to cook when you were a child?
- Do you often bake?
- What type of things are baked in your country?
- Is baking popular in your country?
- Do you think baking is a healthy method of cooking?
- Do you prefer eating home-cooked meals or eating out?
IELTS Speaking Part 1 topic #2: Math
- Do you like numbers?
- Do you like math?
- Do you use math in your daily life, how?
- Do you use math at work?
IELTS Speaking Part 1 topic #3: Numbers
- Do you like numbers?
- Were you good at numbers when you were a child?
- Do you remember your mobile phone?
- Do you still use numbers at work?
IELTS Speaking Part 1 topic #4: Pen or pencil
- Do you like pens/pencils?
- In your school days, which pen/pencil did you use?
- Which pen/pencil are you using now? Why?
- When was the last time you bought a pen/pencil?
- How will you feel if you were gifted a pen/pencil?
IELTS Speaking Part 1 topic #5: Voice
- Has your voice changed since you were a child?
- Do you listen to your own voice?
- What do you feel when you listen to your voice?
- Does any of your family members have the same voice as you?
IELTS Speaking Part 1 topic #6: Accommodation
- Do you prefer to live in a house or apartment? Why?
- What aspects do you enjoy about it and why?
- Do you have any shops nearby?
- Do you prefer to live in the city or the countryside? Why?
IELTS Speaking Part 1 topic #7: Work or study
- Do you work or study?
- What do you like most in your workplace?
- Did you change your position in your current workplace?
- Will it be better to work in another country?
IELTS Speaking Part 1 topic #8: Work
- What do you like about your job?
- How has your work changed over the years?
- Do you work best in the morning or in the evenings?
- Do you take breaks at work?
- Do you prefer several short breaks or one long break during the working day? Why?
IELTS Speaking Part 1 topic #9: Museums and history
- Have you been to any museums?
- Do you read about history?
- Do you watch historical movies?
- How do people learn about history nowadays?
IELTS Speaking Part 1 topic #10: Patience
- Are you patient when waiting for something?
- What do you do when you are waiting?
- In what situations do you need to be patient?
- Are people in your country patient?
- Who loses their temper faster, young people or old people?